Saturday, May 11, 2013

R.C. Sproul On Nietzsche

This is classic R.C. Sproul. I read his book The Consequence of Ideas many years ago as a post-teenager. Back when my best friends were leaving the church, and some rejecting Christ.. I was moving out of my parent's house, trying to find the answers to life's big questions. I had been a Christian since age 6 or 7 however I knew very little except for stock answers giving to me by well-meaning Godly Sunday School teachers. Suddenly, God brought two men into my life to guide me back to where I needed to go: Ravi Zacharias, and R.C. Sproul. I read everything I could get my hands on, I listened to tapes of sermons, I bought VHS movies of these two preaching very tough to understand sermons on deep philosophical issues. But Christ knew it was what I needed to move on to growth in my Faith.
I held up in my 550 Sq ft apartment and read and watched even sometimes on Friday and Saturday nights.

This video was my first time hearing the name Friedrich Nietzsche or the word "Existentialism".

Classic R.C. Sproul.. I encourage you to watch this and learn some basic philosophical truth!

No comments: