Thursday, April 16, 2009

Simple Living Done Easy

I am not a sage nor do I claim to have any wisdom beyond the ordinary. But I think I have found the formula for living a simple life. My early teens through my mid-twenties were a rocky and anxiety filled time. I did not transition smoothly. So here is what I do now...

* Know who you are, and who you are not. If you spend your life trying desperately to climb the ladder of success then you will just end up tired and unhappy. I got off that ladder and decided that wherever God placed me I would work hard to make myself at home there. I'm not a good ladder climber.

* Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. Just take the day as it comes. If your rent is overdue, find a way to pay the late fee and move on to the next thing. Don't let any one thing bring you down, ever.

* Learn to be happy without wealth or prosperity. We forget that just 30 years ago, not only did we not have the best computer toy on the market.. we had NO computer.. and we survived just fine. Now even the poorest among us live like kings and we still think we are entitled to more.

* Don't rely on the government for anything. I don't care who is in office.. give them an inch and they will take a mile.. Quit asking for fish and go learn to fish.

* Find truth and God! The establishment wants you to believe you are a mistake of accidental cells and atoms. If you truly believe that with all your heart than mourn for your miserable existance.. If like the rest of us, that answer is not sufficient, then search and find truth and when you find it plant your anchor and stand on it proudly.

* Finally... laugh. Laugh even when things are at their worst and there is nothing funny going on. Just find a way to laugh.

And then just be still!

No comments: