Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Is Worthwhile To Liberals?

I recently heard a statement from John Piper that really got me thinking...

"Woe to us if we get our satisfaction from the food in the kitchen and the TV in the den and the sex in the bedroom with an occasional tribute to the cement blocks in the basement! God wills to be displayed and known and loved and cherished and worshiped."

The reason it hit home for me is this.. None of that stuff has ever made me happy. I bask in the warm glow of the TV and I always end up cold and empty. I eat and I always just end up starving again.

What is worthwhile?

Well I can tell you what the modern day liberal, democrat and/or atheist believes. The only thing worthwhile to them is that which can extend your life for one more day and in the meantime bring you as much earthly pleasure as possible.
Why do you think Obama cares supposedly cares so much about health care? We all die whether we are poor or rich. When the government takes over your life then they have the power to prioritize for you instead of you deciding what is worthwhile for yourself.

You can bet that the first line of defense is to take over the public school curriculum, and possibly even private school curriculum. If you can brainwash children early enough into believing that the government knows best how to take care of you then you can essentially build more power for the government and cause it to grow.

So the government then can come in and choose for me. It's about power! And so power and money are essentially what is considered worthy for the liberal/democrat/atheist.

The conservative Christian might say God gave me my clothes and I am thankful to be warm and covered.

The liberal democrat "humanist" would rather say.. I got myself these clothes and I am proud.. But wait, that man over there who is richer than I am has better clothes.. either give me better clothes too or take some of his good clothes away from him.. let's even the field.


What is worthwhile to me is that God has control of my life and provides for me, however bare the essentials might be.

What is worthwhile to a liberal is that what I have is not enough OR that guy has too much.

Obama's vision of what is worthwhile is wrong for America.

No comments: