Monday, March 23, 2009

Stuff I Still Believe

* Abortion is wrong. However, we should protest in new ways. Stop trying to stand in front of clinics with signs.. That will not do any good. For every abortion clinic or planned parenthood we should open two pregnancy crisis centers. Show Christ's love. Standing there with a pointless sign never changed anybody's mind. Plus to top it all off you look stupid in the process.

* Capitalism is the only way. The government should be tiny. It should work for us. If my neighbor is poor I should help them out because I want to.. not because the government has a gun to my head. Obama's plan for America is government enforced mediocrity. Capitalism levels the playing field so anyone that dreams big enough and works hard enough can do anything they want financially. That IS as American as apple pie. I like that.

* We love to watch things die. TV is death-o-vision these days. We tired ourselves of I Love Lucy reruns. Now we need car chases and armed robberies to thrill us. And the regular car chases are pretty boring.. when someone gets killed at the end, that is truly thrilling. It's just too convenient to watch things get killed from the comfort of our easy chair. And then we wonder why kids who have no loving parents go into shopping malls and shoot everyone they see? Maybe they had exhausted every other thrill. We did that to ourselves.

6 comments:

karla said...

Your last blurb sounds like you've been listening to Tool's Vicarious. Or maybe I'm just thinking that because I'VE been listening to Tool's 10,000 Days album too much?

Aaroncoal said...

That's a good observation. Yeah that CD is never far from my cd player.

karla said...

I just recently bought it. I feel an apology is owed for thinking "Tool sucked".. Ha. :)

Aaroncoal said...

You should trust me when it comes to music.

karla said...

I'd rather take my chances! ;) But, in this case, Aaron, you were right.

Michael Avitabile said...

Something I believe, regardless of what anyone says: Cannibalism is wrong!