Friday, September 14, 2007

Hand Signals For Turning

Remember? They used to teach us how to signal by hand if your on a bike or if you are in a car that is without a signal.
Yesterday I was driving down a busy street and the guy in the car in front of me stuck his arm out the window for a second or two and then suddenly changes lanes and nearly crushes a car full of old ladies.
Does anyone remember what the hand signals mean? Straight out means left turn I think and arm pointed at a 45 degree angle means right turn??
How confusing is that? You have to think quick on your toes.
I saw the guy stick his hand out the window and for a second I swear I thought he was raising his hand because he had a question. But apparently his hand signal was the universal symbol for "I'm about to plow into some old ladies!"
Hand signals never have worked.
You are better off rolling down your window and screaming at the top of your lungs.. "I'M TURNING LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

karla said...

I'm laughing. :)