Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The End Is Coming

Can you feel it in the air? I feel like we are standing at the crossroads of the finale...The end of the world as we know it.
Now don't think what I am saying is some new revelation, Or that I ordered the entire first 8 seasons of the Jack Van Impe Show off of Ebay. No, The end has been coming since Jesus ascended to heaven.
But I feel like storms from the North, South, East, and the West are coming together and the beginning of the end is about to start. The wars have started and lines are being drawn. It is no longer an issue to openly spit at Christianity. "Radical" Islam is not going away...and it is not a nice religion. They have no problem with chopping off heads. Life isn't exactly sacred to them. That's not a good thing for the rest of us that take life as a precious gift.
You can read a newspaper on any given day and weep. Death is all around us. The only reason we haven't taken notice as much here is because we are Americans and it hasn't reached our soil on the level as it has in the middle east. But our time is coming...and guess what? We are unprepared. I am, I know that!

We as Christians need to be hitting the Bible daily and preparing for battle. What will we do when the gun is to our head? Will we fold like a cheap suit?

I pray that I stand my ground when that time comes. I want so much to be ready!

Andrew Schwabb said it best...we need "Martyrs not popular charts!"
I don't think he could be more right.
Until our churches start emphasising the importance of self sacrifice and stop acting like country clubs then we are going to be grossly unprepared for the days ahead.

I'm not prepared either so I need to heed my own words...as always.

The good news is this....
"I have said all these things to you so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble: but take heart! I have overcome the world." -- Jesus -- John 16:33

No comments: