Monday, July 09, 2007

Why I'm Getting Rid Of Cable

I have had cable off and on for the the past few years. Well I'm done with it. It's nothing but bad reality shows and UFO documentaries. The network has the shows I need and the rest of it is just heavily edited rubbish.
Of course there are exceptions to the rule. The History channel is generally what I like to watch. I got so sick of "reality shows" that I turned to actual reality. So I will miss that. But I can't justify spending fifty bucks a month for one channel.

So what did I do?
I cut off my cable and I went out and snatched up an XM Radio subscription.
First off, it's a fraction of the price. I'm paying $7.95 a month! Second, it's awesome! It's 24 hours of about 170 radio channels with very little commercial interruption.

Here's my favorite stations...

Channel 9 -- Nineties Hits
Channel 20 -- Current Top 20 Hits
Channel 27 -- Movie Soundtracks
Channel 42 -- Heavy Metal
Channel 43 -- Indie/College/Unsigned
Channel 48 -- New Hard Rock
Channel 60 -- Classic Soul
Channel 121 -- Fox News
Channel 151 -- Clean Comedy
Channel 166 -- Right Wing Talk
Channel 170 -- Christian Talk

It's so nice to be able to get other things done while I'm listening to the radio. With TV I am a zombie. Now I can finally get to some of that cross stitching I've been lagging behind on. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be expecting a set of cross-stitched tea towels for Christmas this year.