Here's some everyday advice for the rest of you. Just things I've picked up along the way...
* If you are in charge of the music that plays over the speakers in a business establishment and you use your Ipod to make a playlist that is appropriate listening...Make sure that you double check the playlist so that you didn't accidentally add an unknown song to the playlist. There is nothing more embarrassing then trying to sell a vacuum to an elderly lady and out of nowhere "Baby Got Back" by Sir-Mix-A-Lot comes blaring over the loud speakers.
* When eating a muffin...Remember that muffins are crumbly and that you need to keep track of where the crumbs land. It's not good when you go to greet your friends, your boss, a customer, or the President Of The United States Of America, and a chunk of blueberry muffin is dangling from your chin.
* Be sure that you know what your skills are. Don't tell people you can play the xylophone if you've only tried it once...someday someone is going to call you on it, and the next thing you know you are 3rd chair xylophonist for the New York Philharmonic and you have no clue what you are doing.
* Parents... Not every kid is going to be a concert pianist. If your child hates piano lessons let the child quit. If you don't they will end up hating the piano AND you....instead of just you.
* If you are out in an abandoned mine shaft or an empty amusement park and you see a gang of teenage mystery solvers and their talking dog looking for clues...leave them alone, that's important work they're doing.
Sometimes I just have to let myself blog stupid things or else I'll bottle it up inside and actually say it in public. Thanks for letting me vent!