Monday, May 14, 2007

The Damien Rice Concert

We got to KC almost 3 hours before the doors opened. I was not that thrilled about it. I knew we had hours of sitting on the pavement in the heat just waiting. But we were like 10th in line. By the time the doors opened up the line was probably a quarter of a mile down the block. When we got in there we just casually walked up to the front of the stage and I realized that our early arrival had just paid off. I was probably 10 feet from Damien Rice for the entire 1 hour and 45 minute set.

This show is now in my top 3 for best concerts of all time. Damien put on a show and a half. He doesn't miss a beat. And it wasn't just acoustic folk music all night. He puts all kinds of distortion on his guitars and really rocked out.
I think he is probably one of the best singer/songwriters to come out in the past 10 years. His music is featured on more movies and tv shows then I can count. His song 'Delicate' was on the first few episodes of the show Lost. That's pretty cool in itself.

Ok so here's taste of what the show was like last night. One note though.. The girl that sings with him is no longer with the group so just pretend he's doing all the parts without her, and this is exactly what our show was like. Watch and enjoy...


Here's his quiet side on letterman...


Good stuff!

1 comment:

karla said...

that's not david letterman.