Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The First Three Things I Would Do If I Were President...

* I would immediately begin pushing legislation that would do away and destroy the current tax code. It would be replaced with the fair tax. Lots of IRS workers would lose their jobs because the need for the IRS would be completely taken away. This would also lessen the influence that lobbyists would have on Washington.

* I would take a percentage of welfare funding and pump it into charities that work in poor neighborhoods. Food banks, clothing centers, and soup kitchens would become a bigger force then they are now. I'd find funding to start community centers that would be run on private donations.(With mammoth taxation a thing of the past this would be a realistic possibility) Other funding would go to religious organizations. In order to receive the funding the organization would have to put in time and/or money into the community surrounding them. Welfare would be much harder to obtain then it is today.

* I would seal off the Mexican and Canadian borders. Illegal entry into the U.S. would mean instant deportation. Anyone found to be in the U.S. illegally, no matter how long they've been here, would be deported. I would then make it much easier to enter the U.S. legally. A much more expansive foreign worker program would be established. I would make English mandatory learning for foreigners entering our soil, not for racist purposes, but because it's the only successful way to communicate properly as a nation. In keeping with my new border policies I would extend the Patriot Act.

Who knows, I may just be your president some day America...Probably not, but who knows?

No comments: