Saturday, October 01, 2005
Top Ten Worst Songs
Ok, we've done the "best of" thing long enough. It's time to find out what people hate. Sometimes there are those songs that just annoy you so bad that you just want to scream. So please be sure and post your selection in the comments. Here goes..
*Me And Bobby McGee -- Janis Joplin Probably one of the worst songs of all time. You want to take the record, bust it over a table, and jab the pointed shards into your eye by the time you hear this song more than once, ever.
* You've Never Been This Far Before -- Conway Twitty Words cannot describe how disgusting it is to hear a redneck with a huge belt buckle, tons of chest hair, and a gold chain around his neck, sing about deflowering a woman.
* Anything by the Grateful Dead The Grateful Dead may well be the worst band ever. Some of the most generic music of all time.
* Word Up -- Korn This Cameo cover is a terrible song by a band that is drifting fast.
* Walk Like An Egyptian -- The Bangles A terrible song from a band that should have known better.
* Pride(In The Name Of Love) -- U2 I realize that half the globe disagrees with me on this one, but I have never seen a band churn out more overhyped recycled music than U2, and with Bono's annoying high pitched whine to top it off. I just can't get on board.
* Anything by Bruce Springsteen How this man ever got to where he is is a mystery that science and wisdom can never answer.
* Boot Scootin Boogie -- Brooks & Dunn Although at one time I would have actually tolerated this kind of music, I feel this song represents why modern day commercial country music is laughable at best.
* Desperado -- Eagles I liked this song the first time I heard it I'm sure. But the second time you hear it you start working on the noose and hanging it from the rafters. It's just boring. People often site this song as their favorite song...stay away from those people. And generally as a rule, if Linda Rondstat covers your song...write better songs. Fortunately the Eagles did.
* Sunglasses At Night -- Corey Hart CG might not agree with me on this one since he has had the distinct pleasure of meeting the man (although he didn't know it at the time). But this song is uber-bad. It's like he tossed the words together in a hat. It's a karoke favorite I understand. If you are in a bar and someone starts off with this song, unplug the machine. It's not good!
Ok your turn everyone...