Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Couple Of Observations...


* I'm so sick of rappers being allowed to market their slime to teens. Have you noticed how it has once again become ok for rappers to call every woman a "b**ch"? Where is the National Organization For Women? Why aren't liberals jumping all over stuff like this? I think it's because rappers market their version of hedonism and liberals LOVE that. Hedonism is their one and only god. I wish the black community would speak out more. I tell you I have never really liked Bill O'Reilly, but when he successfully boycotted Pepsi after they sponsored the rapper Ludacris, I was excited and glad that he stood up for what is right. Rap music is just nasty now. It's nearly unlistenable. The stuff today makes the infamous 2 Live Crew look like the Mickey Mouse Club. The thing is, I like rap, I honestly do. I have plenty of the cd's from back in the day. But I had to get off that train eventually because rap today goes against everything that is decent in this world, and nobody is saying a thing about it. Boy do I miss Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, and Marvin Gaye more than ever.

* There are still people out there who are defending Michael Moore. I got into a conversation with a liberal friend of mine and found out the he believes that every thing Michael Moore stated in Fahrenheit 9-11 is gospel truth. He told me that he had independently checked out the facts and Moore was right on the money. Even after I told him a few things that Michael Moore got dead wrong he just sort of shrugged me off and said "Well but you got to respect his filmmaking." I do?? The man made an entire documentary based on lie after lie and I have to respect him for that? I told him about the movie fahrenhype 9-11, which is a brilliant rebuttal to Moore's film, and he told me that he'd never see it because it's too biased. I love it. Too biased for the Michael Moore fan, that's a great one. Pot...kettle...black.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I own both Farenhype 9-11 and Celcius 41.11 (the temperature at which the brain begins to boil). They are both great and work hand in hand. While HYPE tears down Moores film, Celcius builds up the other side of the story.

If you haven't seen it, you should check it out. It'll probably be hiddne in the back row of shelves at your local entertainment store, while Moore's film is still up in the front racks that everyone will see, but hey, what are you gonna do?

I love this blog so far and will be linking to it at my site.

Godspeed,
Matthew
www.HardBlogLife.com

Chris said...

I am SO with you on this, Aaron. There are voices in the Black community coming out against this kind of rap, such as Essence magazine, and the columnist Stanley Crouch.

I know what you mean about the Moore film also. My fiance's brother has every liberal propaganda film, and makes her watch all of them. He refuses to watch either Farenhype 9-11 and Celcius 41.11, though I put that as a condition of me watching his movies with them. What can ya do?